It’s never too early to start packing for camp! Whether it’s your first summer or you’re a returning camper, this list of 5 essentials will help you prepare for the best summer yet! Plus quick links to the 8 new items in the camp store!
- Flashlight – Whether it is used for navigating a dark cabin or a late-night trading post raid, you’ll find having a reliable flashlight very useful! The style of flashlight preferred may vary from person to person, but we recommend a flashlight with LED bulbs. These are brighter and extend the life of the flashlight batteries! Here are few good options:
- Fan – A personal fan is a great way to stay comfortable during camp. Whether it be small enough to carry around in a backpack or just for the cabin, we suggest a battery powered fan. While cabins do have electricity, it is not available for personal fans.
Tip: Pack extra batteries!
- Quick dry towel(s) – We love quick dry towels at camp! They easily ring out water and can dry out quickly even on rainy days! These also help prevent mildew and mold in the cabin and laundry bags.
- Timberlake Quick Dry Towel (coming soon)
- REI Pack Towel
- Laundry bag – We recommend two laundry bags for camp. Once a week your camper’s laundry will be washed by our laundry staff. A second bag is helpful for his laundry day and for the end of camp when extra laundry may accumulate. The bags must be canvas (not mesh) with a cinched drawstring and your camper’s full name across the middle in 3-5 inch letters. Below are two options that fit the bill for our system!
Tip: Label, label, label! The best way to prevent the loss of clothing and personal items is to thoroughly label each item sent with your camper! As lost and found items begin to accumulate, camp staff will return all items that are labeled to their owners. We ask that campers come with all of their items labeled completely with their first and last name (avoiding initials when possible). We recommend using a permanent marker and writing their name directly on the item. While the pre-made labels can be great, we often see them come off in the laundry process.
- Water bottle – A good water bottle is a camp necessity! We encourage campers to keep their water bottle with them all day to stay hydrated! Here are a few options that work well at camp:
- Timberlake Nalgene Water Bottle – These bottles are very durable and hold 32 oz. of water for long days at camp!
- Hydroflask Water Bottle – This style of water bottle comes in a variety of sizes and works well to keep water cold even on the hottest days!
Our online store is live and ready for you! We have added several new items to the store, in addition to more inventory in a few camp classics. With supply chain demands, there are a few items/sizes that we are anxiously waiting for their arrival. Make sure you are following our facebook page for updates!
New items for 2022:
- Surf Hoodie: a liberty brand hoodie now in green!
- Crazy Creek: offered in two colors, grass and forest.
- Nalgene Water Bottle: offered in two colors, grass and forest.
- Sweatshirt Blanket: offered in two colors, forest and hyper blue.
New items for 2022 Coming Soon:
- Quick Dry Towel: a green quick dry towel with the Timberlake logo.
- Crew Socks: white crew length socks with green stripes and writing.
- 40 Years of Camp Tee: a new design to celebrate our 40th summer!
- Tribe Pinnies: these basketball style pinnies are reversible and offered for each tribe!
We hope this helps get your packing lists started and sparks your excitement about coming to camp! Any merchandise purchased through camp can be shipped to your home (shipments go out within 3-5 business days) or ordered for local pickup which includes free camp delivery! We ask that camp deliveries be ordered 72 hours ahead of your arrival at camp, anything ordered after that may be delivered late! All orders are placed on campers bunks on the first night of camp!
Shop the camp store here:
Camp Timberlake Online Clothing Room
Questions about packing or ordering for camp? Email Andrea at email@example.com